I Hope This Isn't A Pangasius

kajones

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I saw these gorgeous catfish in my lfs last week, they looked just like mini hammer head sharks with big eyes on the sides of their heads and silvery blue striped bodies, they were labelled Pangasius catfish. I asked the assistant about them and she said they're very docile, great community fish, can grow big in the wild but only reach between 6 - 8 inches in home aquarium. Now I know I should've left it and done some research but stupidly i bought 2. I've since looked them up and it turns out they're monsters! the thing is though, they don't look like any of the pictures of pangasius that I've seen, including those in the pinned section here. I've tried to take photos but they're too quick and my camera's too slow. Any idea what they could be?

sound like pangasius to me i'm afraid

take them back to the shop

Sounds like pangasius to me too, they grow BIG

Sounds like pangasius to me too, they grow BIG
What a shame, they are lovely looking fish, i hope they will take them back. Why do lfs sell these fish for home aquarium when they are not suitable for any tank, it's stupid! And from what I've read they can't be bred in an aquarium so where do they get them from?

depending on the pangasis it could get from 24" to 80" or bigger

return it is your best bet, also

fish breeder have massive tank which they breed them almost like there own habbitat if not there wild caught.

depending on the pangasis it could get from 24" to 80" or bigger

return it is your best bet, also

fish breeder have massive tank which they breed them almost like there own habbitat if not there wild caught.
I returned them and got some baby corydoras instead, much more suitable!

Most reactions

Back