I have little platies!

bumblebee

Reaction score
Hello, I went down to the community tank the other morning and there were little platies swimming around! I managed to save four of them before they were eaten (I'm not sure if any were eaten, but I captured four). They are happy, and have huge appetites! I am curious though, are baby platies always clear? The parents were bright red with black on the tips of the fins, but the little ones are clear with black on the tips of their fins... Also, how long does it take before the little fish are big enough to go back into the community tank without getting eaten? Any help would be great, thanks.

:thumbs:
Congrats! I just had some platy babe's too.. :wub: I'm new to fish keeping but the other fine folks here have told me they have to be at least 1 inch before rejoining the main tank. That way they won't fit in the other fishes mouth's :sick: lol. Unless of course you have some of the big guys in your main tank. My babes are pretty much clear w/black towards the tail...but under the light's if I look close they are red tinted, like a blush color.

Hope this helps some. Congrats again & good Luck :D

I think it is a little over a month feed them twice a day and turn the temp up a little and watch them grow thier colors will develope soon within a week or so

Most reactions

Back