I Have Hit The Mother Load.....litteraly!

Kevinator

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I had 2 VERY pregnant Balloon Mollies who I thought were pretty close to delivering so last night I put them in a breeder. Both of them have had fry before and at the most they had about 20. I figured if I am lucky one will deliver. When I woke up this morning to check on them I was totally shocked both of them had fry! What was even more shocking was the number of fry. I thought they had maybe 40 altogether. I counted and counted until I counted 113! All of them are doing well by the way. Now what the heck am I going to do with them all. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

i have had over 150 at a time, right now i have 100+ betta fry and some guppie fry also.

WOW!!! Kevinator, That must be amazing and overwhelming!! As I've shared before here, my LFS weren't interested in buying my molly fry but 2 places said they were willing to take donations. So that's what I did. One shop even gave me a free product (in exchange or consideration) later when I shopped there again.

I just wanted to find some good homes for them. Last time I wrote this, someone nasty added that they were probably used for food, but I mentioned that I had gone back the following week and recognized some of my growing dalmation fry in the tank.

I finally decided that if I was going to have these fertile (and funny) mollies, that I would have to find something to do with the fry. I just don't have the room to give them permanent homes, but I get a real kick out of seeing the whole life cycle. I've got 2 fry now in a breeding net. They are growing so fast!! They are mostly orange and have HUGE EYES!!

Good Luck! -WENDY :hi: :fish: :fish: :fish: :bday: :nod: :nod: :fun: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :shout:

Most reactions

Back