I have babies :)

shecho

Reaction score
:D About 2 weeks ago I moved my preggers guppy into a 5 gal tank with a F betta and Otto (ottocat) Tonight she gave birth to about 18 babies!!!
The betta has gone into a jar inside the 2 gal M betta tank.. and I think I shall be putting the mom into my community 20 gal tank tonight. So far she has not eaten any babies (that we have seen) but will move her to be sure.
We are having great fun watching the little guys....and have found all the posts here very helpful :)

Think my platy is preggers too - and coming up on about 3 weeks since we thought she was 'fatter'. Can she go into the fry tank? Or should we get a breeding net for her?

Thanks

Get a breeder net!
dont leave her in with the fry.
she'll eat them

btw my guppies dont seem to eat
mollie fry are they to big to eat ?

Thanks for the info - although I did put mom into the plastic breeding container overnight (much easier to catch one than 18)...and removed her to the community tank today. Still have lots of babies :) at least 15 that I can count
How big do they have to be till I can put someone in with them? LOL guess till they are bigger than the other fishes mouth eh?

I'm learning...I'm learning :)

Thanks for the info - although I did put mom into the plastic breeding container overnight (much easier to catch one than 18)...and removed her to the community tank today. Still have lots of babies :) at least 15 that I can count
How big do they have to be till I can put someone in with them? LOL guess till they are bigger than the other fishes mouth eh?

I'm learning...I'm learning :)

yes un til they re bigger than the mouthes of the other fish
approx. 1 month

Most reactions

Back