I Have A Question About Corner-flo Tanks.

KatienDavid

Reaction score
My boyfriend and I found a beautiful 120 gallon marineland (I believe) corner-flo aquarium and I can't find any information on them online. So basically my questions are... are they any good, is it a good tank to have? How does the filtration work and does it work well? It has 2 holes drilled in the bottom back corner of each side, it is a double corner-flo. How does that work, why wouldn't the tank leak? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to get the best if I am going to invest into something this big. Thanks a lot! :) All of your replys/ answers are highly appreciated.

-Katie

The thank won't leak once it's properly plumbed. Those holes are to allow you to run PVC pipes in and out of the tank in order to hook it up to a sump system. I can't comment on the quality of the tank overall.

Corner Flow tanks are Mainly set up for saltwater / marine setups. They are designed to provide surface skimming, mainly to take water off the top "Surface" of the tank in order to keep toxic wastes and other debris from collecting on the waters surface.

The other folks are right the hold that are drilled in the bottom of the tank are used for a sump or refugium that would be plummed underneath the tank. You can use a sump design with fresh water as well. The reason for the two holes. 1 is the overflow, basically water pours over the top of the grate and falls down the corner, goes down the hole, or drain. down in to the sump and then is pumped back up in to the main display and the process cycles over and over again.

This set up is quite a bit more complicated due to the fact that you are basically working with two tanks one on top of the other. If you dont set it up correctly using check valves and so forth, you will have a huge mess on your hands.

For more information on this tank and setting up this type of tank you can visit the marineland website:

http://www.marineland.com/sites/Marineland...52&mid=3228

-reefer.

Most reactions

Back