i got new fishies

littlefisher

Reaction score
i thought i would drop a line about some fish i got last night at the lps, kinda nifty things they are, blind cave fish, i looked for some info on them, not much i could find but they are unique to see them swim with no way of seeing around them, i also bought a male and female guppy, cant wait to see fry from them and the last fish i bought was a very unique female swordtail, she is oddly colored, kinda black,blue,green depend on how the light hits her and no she is not dyed by no means just neat in her own way hope she gets along with the males in the tank

blind cave fish can grow up to 3.5 inches. they eat insects,snails,worms and flake. thats about all i can find at mo.....hope it helps :)

My other mum (other halfs mother) has got one of those, when i first saw him i thought his eyes had been eaten!! imagine how stooooopid i felt when i found out it was suppose to be like that!! :/

I heard they are like Tiger Barbs, schooling and nippy, just to tell you.

Blind cave fish need a cave to live in. Please provide them with hidey places to keep them happy.

thanks for the info, i have tiger barbs in my tank along with cherry barbs, half of the tank is not lit, half is and there are 2 differnt area's, ( large) to hide, i was also stupidfied to realize they were supposed to b like that, told the lps there fishies were eatin there eyes and he just :rofl: at me, and said mam' supposed to b like that, i was like ahhhhhhhh ok :*)

Most reactions

Back