I Got 6 More

SeaGoddess

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I was in town and I stopped by petco and saved 1. And then I went to petsmart and saved 4.

Surely it's not saving if they just replace those with other fish? :S Unless Petco do some sort of adoption thing? I know my work does here but it's England and I know nothing about America :p

jiFfM.jpg

SeaGoddess said:
I was in town and I stopped by petco and saved 1. And then I went to petsmart and saved 4.
this equals five.... not six...

But also, pictures?

I love a good Star Trek reference Skies!

Did one die on the way home?

But yeah, its not really rescuing in that they will simply be replaced with more stock. If fact, you are encouraging their trade, because they are selling well. If the fish were left to die, the store may reconsider their stock. Its sad, but a possibility.

stanleo said:
I love a good Star Trek reference Skies!

Why thank you 
happy.png

full-of-win.jpg

dgwebster said:
Did one die on the way home?

But yeah, its not really rescuing in that they will simply be replaced with more stock. If fact, you are encouraging their trade, because they are selling well. If the fish were left to die, the store may reconsider their stock. Its sad, but a possibility.

Yep, by purchasing their "merchandise" you are funding them and enabling them to buy more stock so that can be sold as well.  

If its not her it'll be some idiot that stuffs them into cups. Most bettas from the moment they're born are born into cups. I was at my LFS this morning and there waer jars and jars of them. :-( Even worse, they had 2 males in the same jar! They got a mouthful alright. ;)

I saw at an old pet shop years ago those breeder net things stuck to the glass of their tanks, each one holding a betta in a 2" cube. They may have received the benefit of the main tank water volume but the darn fish were almost folded into it.

Your profile says you are housing them in 1 gallon tanks.
Thats 4 litres roughly. A Betta ideally needs 25 litres of water to live a good life.
Are they heated and filtered tanks?

EDIT: You've got a goldfish in with betta's.
Goldfish are cold water fish, bettas are tropical

Most reactions

Back