I Don't Think I've Ever Been So Happy To See My Fish Get Sick

Myuu

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So my goldfish tank got wiped out recently by a new fish that had ich, so I decided to set a quaratine tank so that wouldn't happen again. So After the ich incident I got some more goldfish. The first fish I put in the old tank, now wiped clean of ich, and is totally fine. I've had him for a month now, no sign of illness. A few weeks later I get my second and final goldfish. He goes in the QT tank. Now, I almost decided to put him in the Goldie tank early, mostly becasue I'm impatient. But what's that I see? Small white dots on his fins? You bet. The new fish is hanging in there, I've started treament and now the visible ich is gone and he looks a little beat up, but I'm pretty sire he'll be okay, and my other fish are perfectly healthy.

I don't like my fishie being sick, but him being the only one is a veeeery good thing. I'm quarintining all of my fish now, most definitely. :3

So my goldfish tank got wiped out recently by a new fish that had ich, so I decided to set a quaratine tank so that wouldn't happen again. So After the ich incident I got some more goldfish. The first fish I put in the old tank, now wiped clean of ich, and is totally fine. I've had him for a month now, no sign of illness. A few weeks later I get my second and final goldfish. He goes in the QT tank. Now, I almost decided to put him in the Goldie tank early, mostly becasue I'm impatient. But what's that I see? Small white dots on his fins? You bet. The new fish is hanging in there, I've started treament and now the visible ich is gone and he looks a little beat up, but I'm pretty sire he'll be okay, and my other fish are perfectly healthy.

I don't like my fishie being sick, but him being the only one is a veeeery good thing. I'm quarintining all of my fish now, most definitely. :3

cant you just use myaxin? or another whitespot treatment to treat the whole tank, that way the one with it gets cured and all the other ones wont catch it because the medicine is already present in the water.
the one i use turns the water green. and also this is tropical discussion not coldwater so just to let you know that this topic will probably get moved there

I think you misunderstand, the fish with ich is in quarantine all by itself. The older fish is fine.

Most reactions

Back