I Decided..

Brianne-xx

Reaction score
I have decided to start my tank again.
I tried and failed at goldfish, well, half of them are still living, but I listened to what the people in the pet shop said to me, as I'm quite young, and never thought to look it up like a silly sausage!
Then I got a new fish tank, and it's over crowded, and I need to give the fish back because the other fish place I went to gave me way too many fish, as i've converted from goldfish to tropical, but obviously bought a new tank.
So, as I don't want to go to a fish shop and get crappy advice that is killing my fish, although my neons and catfish seem quite happy, I want to ask the opinion of you lovely people:),
First off, if I was going to clean out the whole of my tank, how would I do it?
And how do I do a fish less cycle? And how long does it take?
I only have a 50L tank, because I haven't got a job yet and can't afford much, bless me! Hehe. I'm saving up for a house to rent.. £500 a month for a 3 bedroomed semi detached house near my boyfriend, which i think is pretty alright hehe!
Anyway, back to fish! What sort of fish could I put in my small tank when I've done the fish less cycle?
And what does everything have to be like.. The pH, nitrate, nitrite and ammonia? And how do I do it? Gosh, I'm useless lol! I take my water to be tested because I need to get a testing kit, so what's the best sort? I let my grandma do these ones because I don't know that much so shes looking after my goldfish and my tropicals hehe! Just until I can do it properly:). I sound like a right weirdo lol.
Thank you:).

Most reactions

Back