I Am New

fatboywez

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a female fighter but not sure what type she is i will try to upload a pic could some one help idendify her??

here she is

here she is

the other side

I would like to find her a male friend and maybe breed in the future what do you all suggest???

Attachments

• fl.jpg
    fl.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 34
  • fr.jpg
    fr.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 34

Attachments

• fs.jpg
    fs.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 35
im not seeing an egg spot but she looks like a girl....
she may grow into a male yet soo watch out for that id suggest
A male plekat....
i dont have any pics tho

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Here is a pic of our Plakat male who we bought as a female :blink:

Does she flare up if you hold a mirror up to the tank. If so check to see if she has an extra bit under her chin.

0802140023.jpg

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Here is a pic of our Plakat male who we bought as a female :blink:

Does she flare up if you hold a mirror up to the tank. If so check to see if she has an extra bit under her chin.

0802140023.jpg

ok thanks what am i looking for to tell the difference??

My female flares and also has a big beard. If I didn't know for def that she is female i'd of sworn she was male from the size of her flare.

It is really difficult to tell. Here is a pic of Strudel flaring at the mirror today

Ready.......Steady....
0802210056.jpg

.....GO
0802210063.jpg

Looking at the pics you have there i would defo say she's a she. The anal fin looks quite square so she could be a plakat, Nice dark colouring :good:

Edited to say: I LOVE STRUDEL lol :wub: i'll take the male PK too :hey:

you have a wild type plakat. id reckomed a plakat or a halfmoon plakat.

the main differences in the wild plakats are the "flare face"(already been covered) the tail will have a broader and rounder spread than a female, the anal fin (the one along the belly to the tail) is longer and has a fine/sharp point at the end, the ventral fins (the ones that dangle down like arms from the belly and longer and broader, and the colours on the wild type male will be more intense and brighter than those on a female.

Hi Fatboywez

I have a female just like her. Shes the same colouring as the male in my avatar.

Female plakat :good:

Cheers

Edited to say: I LOVE STRUDEL lol :wub: i'll take the male PK too :hey:
[/quote]

You don't want much do you :lol: :lol: :lol: got some cute dogs too if you want one of those!!!!

Most reactions

Back