I Actually Like Them Now!

snake007

Me encanta cíclidos
Reaction score
Ive never really been a fan of bettas, only ever had the 1 female, til today I saw a very nice female betta and saw a male, I got the female and I actually really like it lol.
I actually want to go out and get loads more, I dont know why, their so fascinating...
I can see why you betta fanatics go on about them so much, to get to my point, I would like to breed them like many others, I just have no idea where to start,

Someone give me some advice please?

From what I've read here, it's hard work & very time consuming, not something to be taken without a lot of research

It is a lot of work, and it requires a LOT of space! You need a spawning tank, a raise out tank (or one large spawn tank), and seperate jars for each male/betta as they start to fight. You can get any number of fry, sometimes 200! That's a lot of space you'll need!

I am prepared to do all the research and have the space for them, Ive got an empty 20 gallon and an empty 10 gallon, which would be best for spawning?
And raising out the fry?

in my exp the fry wont eat anythin for the first two weeks but live food microworm as the fry are so small micro worm is the best bet but if i was u i would do alot of research like its been suggested

To be honest the hardest part was not the breeding but raising the fry once hatched IME. I have one male that blows a bubble nest every week and would happily breed then too, no bloodworm, no nothing. I tried with flake foods, powdered egg but recently got some banana worms from KittyKat and I've got over 60 fry growing. I will now stop breeding them though as there's no longer the demand for them in my LFS.

Any pics snake?

To be honest the hardest part was not the breeding but raising the fry once hatched IME. I have one male that blows a bubble nest every week and would happily breed then too, no bloodworm, no nothing. I tried with flake foods, powdered egg but recently got some banana worms from KittyKat and I've got over 60 fry growing. I will now stop breeding them though as there's no longer the demand for them in my LFS.

Any pics snake?

Yep will get one up right now.

So hard to get a pic, had to take her out of the tank, -

WP_000821.jpg

Sorry its not clear, and shes a bit fin nipped as the lfs had her in with tigers.

Most reactions

Back