Hydor Magnum 8 Powerhead For Sale

N0body Of The Goat

Oddball and African riverine fish keeper
Reaction score
Livestock/Equipment make-model-size/Wanted/Exchange/Plants: Hydor Magnum 8 powerhead; 12500 litres per hour
Age and condition: Less than 2 weeks old, bought for £106.21 from http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item2307d8034a
Quantity for sale: 1
Reason for Sale: Concerns that it is simply too powerful for a 540l tank with riverine fish in it. This is one product not overhyped in its marketing, it really does need to be in a large (think 750l or more) tank.
Delivery or Collection: Either
Sales price: £60 plus postage costs for quick sale, allowing me to buy a replacement Hydor powerhead like an Evolution 5200 asap
Postage & Packaging: To be confirmed, I would suggest this is worth using a Royal Mail "Special Delivery" premium for
Photograph: Available upon request

Most of my 540l fish love its current, but I have sadly lost two of my most prized fish since installing and using this powerhead duringf the daytime (Humphead Glassfish), with no physical symptoms besides hyper-ventilating showing. As much as I hope their deaths were not disease related, I am facing up to the real possibility that the product I thought would recreate their natural environment (several of my fish are wild specimens, including the Parambassis pulcinella) has been too great a shock to them.
sad1.gif

Unfortunately, while the Lionhead Cichlid pair are protecting fry in the Rio240 with deadly force, I cannot move any larger fish out of the 540l.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back