Hydor 200W Inline Heater

logley

Reaction score
Hi,

Am currently getting all equipment for a new tank I'm building, but really struggling to find any stock of the Hydor 200w inline heater. I'm after the 200w for 16mm piping.

From my research they do the Hydro 200w for either 12mm or 16mm piping, and the 300w in 16mm piping.

Every company I try have run out of stock, and when they are getting stock in, they are only getting the 200w in 12mm, and 300w in 16mm.

Does anyone know where I could get a 200w with the 16mm connector.

If not would the 300w be overkill for my new tank which will be approx. 150-160 l, not too sure yet on exact size until I remove a window in the house, where the tank will be going.

Going to be hooking the heater up to a new AllPondSolution 1400EF filter, which uses 15/20 piping, so the 16mm is the best fit I think.

Thanks in advance for any ideas/thoughts

Lee.

I'm pretty sure the 300w is 16mm and the 200w is 12mm. I don't think there is a 200w that is 16mm(Could be wrong just from my research). The hydor's seem to be really hard to get at the moment. I have been unable to find a 300w anywhere. I was told by one LFS that they where apparently being used in some sort of SPA or similar hence the reason for everywhere being sold out but how accurate that is I don't know.

The risk as far as i know with overheating a tank is not so much in the day today running but if there's a problem. If the heater locks in the on position a 300w will push the water in your tank to dangerous levels far faster than the 200w would. I know some aquarium owners who run 2 low powered heaters rather than one powerful heater for just this reason.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Regarding the 12mm and 16mm variant for the 200w, I got this from hydor's website, but it looks like no one in this country seem to stock it.

America seem to have ready stock of all 3 versions, but the voltage if only 115 not 240

Really got my heart set on one.

Yes, I believe logley's info is correct, I had to choose between the two different tube widths on my Hydor 200w and both were available. I believe (but could be wrong) that Hydor is an Italian company so I would think there would be some decent EU distribution. We can certainly get them pretty easily from our various web outlets over here in the US.

Great heater by the way. One of the things I like is being able to do large water changes without ever turning off my filter and heater, lol. One tip someone passed on was to always be concious that it has glass inside it and not get careless just because it looks unbreakable on the outside - I've always treated it that way and had no problem.

~~waterdrop~~

yeah i run a 300w on my tank and have another 300w on order for when they come back in at lfs. Just seems to be no stock in UK at moment. I think there great just can't seem to get em.

Most reactions

Back