Huma Huma Eating Snales

cedyced

Reaction score
I am the only one having problems with my Huma Huma Trigger eating all of my snales? It's driving me crazy. Everytime I buy some he flips them over and picks at them. Every morning all the snales are flipped over. I didn't think they were dead, I figured they just retracted protecting themselves. But I noticed this morning that there is nothing in the shells. My huma is actually eating them. I really don't want to get rid of my huma but I may not have a choice. How can I keep a cleaning crew if he keeps taking them out??? :crazy:
Any sugestions? :unsure:

Well thats his natural behaviour. They are carnivors, that are going to attack your Invertebrates/Clean upcrew. Try keeping him extra full by feeding him more cockle, prawn with shell, squid, etc. It might take his mind of the live prey, but your not going to stop his natural behaviour full stop.

I have been keeping triggers for three years, and have tried to keep just about every type of snail, crab, urchin, and starfish with them and all of them were eaten when put into the tank. By having the trigger you arent goin to be able to keep any type of cleaning crew.

I am the only one having problems with my Huma Huma Trigger eating all of my snales? It's driving me crazy. Everytime I buy some he flips them over and picks at them. Every morning all the snales are flipped over. I didn't think they were dead, I figured they just retracted protecting themselves. But I noticed this morning that there is nothing in the shells. My huma is actually eating them. I really don't want to get rid of my huma but I may not have a choice. How can I keep a cleaning crew if he keeps taking them out??? :crazy:
Any sugestions? :unsure:
You will struggle to break the picasso triggers habbit of munching your cleaner crew.
Time to make a choice.
You could keep feeding the trigger and keep your LFS very happy.
You can take on cleaning duties yourself, hoover the subsrate and scrapping the glass more regularly.You may also have to monitor your water more offen because of the absence of a effective cleaner crew.
You could also take it back or pass it on.
There are a few triggerfish you could get as a replacement the bluechin,crosshatch,sargassum can all be kept with inverts.

I keep a Pinktailed Trigger and a Niger Trigger in with small fish and shrimp, and there is no harm done.

The LFS where I got it is letting me bring it back for store credit. Now I have to start over on my cleaning crew.. :crazy:

Most reactions

Back