Huge Gold Fish

Goldfish III

Reaction score
I HAVE A 40 GALLON TANK WITH 4 GOLDFISH ( MAKA , TRAKA , DAKA , SAKA ) SMALLEST 3 INCH LARGEST 6 INCH & A BRISTLENOSE (NOO NOO ) FOR THE ALGAE. I'VE HAD THEM NOW FOR 3 YRS & GREW THEM MYSELF FROM SRATCH I'VE BEEN USING GROWETH FOOD AT THE RITE TIME OF YEAR & I'M CURRENTLY USING A HIGH PROTEIN PELLET 32 % BUT I DONT THINK ITS ENOUGH TO GROW THEM ON . I KNOW THAT USING THE GROWETH PELLET ALL YEAR ROUND IS DANGEROUS SO I ASK U ALL FOR SOME INFO ON THIS SUBJECT I NEED TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEA HOW TO KEEP THE FISH ON A SUBSTANTIAL PROTEIN LEVEL WITHOUT HARM COMING TO MY FISH THEY ARE VERY FIT AND HEALTHY. BEFORE YOU ALL SAY THEY SHOULD BE IN A POND NOT A TANK DONT WORRY I HAVE AN EVEN BIGGER TANK AT 50 GALLONS I PREFER TO SEE MY FISH IN THERE FULL GLORY WOULDN'T YOU , ANYWAY YOUR COMMENTS & HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED THANK YOU :good:

What types of goldfish do you have (comet, common, fancy, ryukin, blackmoor etc) and what are the dimensions of the tank (width, length, height)? Lots of dried high protein food is not very good for goldfish as they are not very efficient at digesting large quantities of high protein food, with all the excess protein it will just cause them to poop a lot more- it can also cause them to become very constipated if this is the only food you are feeding them, which can lead to other health problems like dropsy or swimbladder disorder etc. For best growth results you should be concentrating on feeding them a varied and healthy diet.
Your tank could be too small for your current goldfish depending on what types they are, if it is too small then they will only grow so big before their growth becomes stunted. How do you go about cleaning the tank and how much on average? Does it have filtration?

What types of goldfish do you have (comet, common, fancy, ryukin, blackmoor etc) and what are the dimensions of the tank (width, length, height)? Lots of dried high protein food is not very good for goldfish as they are not very efficient at digesting large quantities of high protein food, with all the excess protein it will just cause them to poop a lot more- it can also cause them to become very constipated if this is the only food you are feeding them, which can lead to other health problems like dropsy or swimbladder disorder etc. For best growth results you should be concentrating on feeding them a varied and healthy diet.
Your tank could be too small for your current goldfish depending on what types they are, if it is too small then they will only grow so big before their growth becomes stunted. How do you go about cleaning the tank and how much on average? Does it have filtration?

Comet is largest then 3x commonns between 3 & 5 inches 1x bristlenose adappted to cold water tank 100 ltres 3ft filtration is a fluval 3 also airator what food do you suggest as i dont like the sound of the fish being constipated although i have never seen any signs of this fish look fighting fit . in 3yrs the only problem i,ve had was with white spot which was sorted out with the proper medication tank is cleaned on the clarified dates for the tank if you need more info let me know your knowledge is very much appreciated thankyou :good:

Hi, not sure about the protein but I can tell you that that tank is too small for the fish - a pond would be best because even a 50 gallon doesn't provide enough space/water volume for commons - I think tokis has got a 125 g with commons in it

Comet is largest then 3x commonns between 3 & 5 inches 1x bristlenose adappted to cold water tank 100 ltres 3ft filtration is a fluval 3 also airator what food do you suggest as i dont like the sound of the fish being constipated although i have never seen any signs of this fish look fighting fit . in 3yrs the only problem i,ve had was with white spot which was sorted out with the proper medication tank is cleaned on the clarified dates for the tank if you need more info let me know your knowledge is very much appreciated thankyou :good:

Common and comet goldfish are some of the largest goldfish you can get, each can grow to over a foot long in a large pond environment, so the tank is too small for them. For keeping 4 large goldfish like these in the long term i would advise at least a 4ft long by 2ft wide and 18inch high tank minimum (Volume 340 l./75 gal. (89.82 US gal.) Probable volume 306 l./68 gal. (81 US gal.)).
If you can't get a larger tank for them, then moving them out into a pond with at least 3ft depth once the weather warms up will be the best option for keeping them, comet and common goldfish are very much suited to the colder temperatures that ponds offer :good: . Either that, or rehome them.

Most reactions

Back