Howdy Folks..

wuvmybetta

Caw!!
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I haven't posted in here in forever and truth be told I almost feel a little shy about it! There's so many new names and fishy faces, I don't even know where to start. I've browsed through a lot of your threads but didn't want to comment and leave anyone out. It would be awesome if you'd introduce yourself and maybe even your fish right here in this thread :nod:

With that said, I see a lot of the older members are still here,too. This board seems a bit quieter than it used to be. I really have no super fantastical excuse for my hiatus. Just a lot of personal problems and moving around. I haven't bred any bettas in FOREVER and I lost most of my wilds in one sweep because of a STUPID accident on my part.

Anyway, I'm planning on being around a lot more and I'm looking forward to a much stabler year.

So, how is everyone? What's new?

I haven't posted in here in forever and truth be told I almost feel a little shy about it! There's so many new names and fishy faces, I don't even know where to start. I've browsed through a lot of your threads but didn't want to comment and leave anyone out. It would be awesome if you'd introduce yourself and maybe even your fish right here in this thread :nod:

With that said, I see a lot of the older members are still here,too. This board seems a bit quieter than it used to be. I really have no super fantastical excuse for my hiatus. Just a lot of personal problems and moving around. I haven't bred any bettas in FOREVER and I lost most of my wilds in one sweep because of a STUPID accident on my part.

Anyway, I'm planning on being around a lot more and I'm looking forward to a much stabler year.

So, how is everyone? What's new?

Hey Im Wilson / Tilly and I have 3 bettas at the mo a Platinum dragon boy, a MG dragon boy and a plat girl

ooOh! Hi Wilson and Tilly. I love Dragons <3 the fish in your sig and avatar are gorgeous!

Hi! Nice to meet you :p I came over to the dark side about half a year ago i think, when I bought my amazing mustard gas veiltail Baby. And after about a month of saying I would only have one betta, i got another veiltail, a blue one with a red wash called Neptune. And that was it.... I couldn't stop! I bought Loki, a copper female sd I think, from Netty and Bronzecat. Then I bought Splodge, the DT in my avatar, and Zeus, a red and black SD. I lost Zeus after the first week though :( and so I bought Darth, a lovely black delta, who has recently been to hell with his health but is now well again. And lastly, I rescued Blackbeard, a peachy coloured delta who had fin rot and the LFS told me they weren't gonna treat him as they were getting a new batch of bettas in and didn't care. I had to save him, and he quickly got well with meds and clean water and now is the funniest little thing I have ever seen, and he constantly makes me big bubblenests! :)
Now if I weren't married, I would have more more more tanks and more bettas, but with all of them plus 2 communities, my husband has put his foot down and I have had to rein myself in! But I am obsessed with my gorgeous bettas and talk to them all every day. I need to get a life!
I need to take some new pics of the bettas, might do that at the weekend and then i can show them off again :)

hi i am sailornight although you will find me in the chat room most of the time now aday i go under night6. i have 7 bettas now, (wow really i really need a job) three boys friday Jasper and Storm and four girls rayne my oldest, and three new girls i got today which are currently nameless. i will post a thread about them after dinner more then likely. anyways i am not sure you wanted pics but i feel like showing off my kids.
the three girls in the community
sortedphotos0800363.jpg

sortedphotos0800369.jpg

friday
sortedphotos0800035.jpg

rayne
sortedphotos0800088.jpg

jasper
sortedphotos0800106.jpg

and storm my bedstand boy
SANY1033_edited.jpg

i know i need to be stopped i really do. T.T

Hi Tibby! I'd love to see pics. My husband *tried* to put his foot down once upon a time but I think there were so many that he didn't even notice when a new kid came in "Oh him...yeah, he's been there for a while" :whistle: Then I finally just started their own room..no one would know then, muahahaaa! Blackbeard is a lucky little guy! Good thing you found him <3

Hiya Sailornight! I tried to get in chat a few minutes ago but it didn't work for me, or no one was there :unsure: All of your fish are gorgeous, I SWEAR I've had a veiltail that could be Friday's identical twin! By the way, love his name, my daughters name is Tuesday :nod:

hey wuv, welcome back. I know the feeling, trying to figure out what's going on and who all these new people are as I haven't been active here in... well, probably almost two years -lol- I've moved away from bettas for the most part, just keep Pellinore now.

pelli-1.jpg

sorry about those wilds, that must have been tough. I lost a whole tank of rare-ish and/or expensive (for a college student's budget) fish to camallanus worms not so long ago. It's so hard to keep going after something like that happens.

Hey starry! I was excited when I saw your name :hyper: Pellinore is gorgeous, what a face :wub:

Yeah, the whole thing with the wilds was tragic. I had adopted out all of my fancy show kids and kept the wilds. I was in between living here and "there", came back to do a feeding, water changes etc and left the window open. It gets pretty cold at night, and yeah...disheartening. Reading the boards is really making me want to start again though! Goodness knows I have the tanks :blush:

oh no, wuv, what a shame! I'm surprised it got cold enough in TX to do that kind of damage, but I'm sure you'll get back on your feet quickly, especially if you keep cruising the boards. And thanks for the compliments on Pellinore, he's come a long way from when I got him.

BLIMEY!!!!!! well hello :hey: nice to see you back.

Hi, wuvmybetta,
sorry to hear of your loss, but welcome back home.
Lord knows they can't be replaced as individuals, but new 'kids' do help obscure the gaps and aid healing quite well.
If it's not too sore a point for discussion, may I ask what wilds you had?
If it is, please just forget I asked.

starry, I know. Texas has crazy weather where it can be upper 70's during the day, then drop down to the high 30's low 40's in the night. I'm hoping to get the hook up with some new fish tomorrow at a club meeting. Yip! I've always bragged that my fish were tough as nails but I think my living situation, and the lack of daily care for weeks before had lowered their resistance immensely.

Modaz and azul, hey guys! It's good to be back and the new names are becoming second nature already :)

Syphoniera~ Thanks for the welcome. At the time I was housing pairs and fry of species
Smaragdina
Mahachai (who by the way are tough as freakin' NAILS and I still have a couple of in a 55)
Albimarginata
and Kapuas (I still have one 'never say die' survivor)

Most reactions

Back