how your tanks look today ( from when you previously won a tank of the month )

Magnum Man

Supporting Member
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I thought it might be interesting to see how ( stable ) some of these tanks have been... did they continue to develop, or crash, did you get bored, or change something???

I guess I'll start... will take me a few minutes to assemble this post, from a couple devises...
I personally think the biggest change in mine, ( albeit, that has only been 3 months ) is the continued development of the roots growing from the terrestrial plants growing above the aquarium... & I did add one more species of Tetra... (6) Raccoon Tetras...
my tank picture from the "wall" I think May of 2024... I'm personally interested in seeing some from a couple years... what changes???

Before...

1722518480149.png

Today, 3 months later…
IMG_5758.png

Last edited:
If any of my tanks had win a contest here, I'd have doubts about the eyesight of the voters!

But if a tank is unchanged here, after 2 or 3 months, it's a shocker. Tanks are in constant change.

I added a “today” picture to my 1st post… I’d be curious on seeing others… particularly winners from longer ago, and what your tanks look like today…

I thought it might be interesting to see how ( stable ) some of these tanks have been... did they continue to develop, or crash, did you get bored, or change something???

I guess I'll start... will take me a few minutes to assemble this post, from a couple devises...
I personally think the biggest change in mine, ( albeit, that has only been 3 months ) is the continued development of the roots growing from the terrestrial plants growing above the aquarium... & I did add one more species of Tetra... (6) Raccoon Tetras...
my tank picture from the "wall" I think May of 2024... I'm personally interested in seeing some from a couple years... what changes???

Before...

View attachment 346274

Today, 3 months later…View attachment 346572
That is one beautiful tank. Wow!

I’ve got 4 tanks I love right now… but one that has been my nemesis… and just because I went with rainbows, and got sick fish… it’s an older tank, but I think I’m going to buy a new replacement, and boil all the contents, if I choose to put them in the new tank:(

I’ve got 4 tanks I love right now… but one that has been my nemesis… and just because I went with rainbows, and got sick fish… it’s an older tank, but I think I’m going to buy a new replacement, and boil all the contents, if I choose to put them in the new tank:(
Check out this Leopard Bush Fish at Dan’s. Looks like your kind of guy.
1722696412982.jpeg

Is that Süßwassertang on the left or Moss?? It looks amazing 😍
It's a mix of sußwassertang and cladophora algae. The pangio loaches in there have scattered it all over the place and I've not bothered fighting it haha
20240730_183746.jpg

April 2024

IMG_4159.jpeg

Vs right now

IMG_4854.jpeg

I redesigned the aquascape to take up the whole space, since the other one felt kinda squashed into the left 2/3. I lost the floating plants. I added the Pothos and as you can see it’s been growing nicely. Only thing is the front glass is dirty atm because we’re out of magic erasers. The otos came out to play when I stuck my hand in; you can see them in the foreground!

Here's mine that won in 10/2022. A few months ago I decided not to do CO2 anymore (sigh, but not only a pain,
but a bit scary to work with), so it is transitioning from that, and also will have a good cleaning tomorrow. But here
it is today 8/6/2024. I doubt it will win any awards in current shape -- but it's been running for 3 years! Needs
a total redo with new Fluval soil, but I don't have anywhere to put the fish in the meantime.

Attachments

• DSC03484.JPG
    DSC03484.JPG
    386.9 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC03485.JPG
    DSC03485.JPG
    320.8 KB · Views: 14

Most reactions

Back