How would Labidochromis joanjohnsonae do with red zebra cichlids

Connershawzz

Mbuna lover
Reaction score
Trying to fill my online cart at this lfs which is very handy.

I want 1- 2 Rusty’s , maybe 1 or 2 cobalt blue zebras , 1 or 2 chewere elongatus and I really want a Labidochromis joanjohnsonae (textilus) they look awesome. How would they do in a tank with other more aggressive mbuna?
Mainly the red zebras.

Another question. When stocking my tank should I get two of each type , or am I able to get a single one of each?

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_4575.png
    IMG_4575.png
    571.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Trying to fill my online cart at this lfs which is very handy.

I want 1- 2 Rusty’s , maybe 1 or 2 cobalt blue zebras , 1 or 2 chewere elongatus and I really want a Labidochromis joanjohnsonae (textilus) they look awesome. How would they do in a tank with other more aggressive mbuna?
Mainly the red zebras.

Another question. When stocking my tank should I get two of each type , or am I able to get a single one of each?

Thank you
I am no authority on cichlids but how many cichlids do you want in your 55 gallon? I think Gary E might take exception to the variety and number in your tank. He has counseled me to be prudent.

I am no authority on cichlids but how many cichlids do you want in your 55 gallon? I think Gary E might take exception to the variety and number in your tank. He has counseled me to be prudent.
I’m wanting around 15

Most reactions

Back