How To Weigh Down Cucumber

October FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

discus dreamer

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all
anyone have any tips about how to weigh down food like cucumber or courgette. My gibby looks hungry but i can't get stuff to stay on the bottom. Tried a piece of lead from a new plant but the cucumber just pulls away from it, and isn't lead bad for the tank anyway?
thanks

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
try two plant weights at both ends and let it punch thru the skin.
:good:

Until a pleco comes along and just pulls it out ;) at which point it will just pop to the top.

Baby feeding spoons work nicely, they are small and hold the cukes down just fine.....I knew keeping that baby stuff would come in handy some day! Came up with that solution when hubby hijacked my veg clip because his mbuna go nuts over cucumbers!

we've got a veg clip that your supposed to stick on the glass of the tank, but our plec likes eating the skin, so we took the sucker pad off and wrapped a plant weight round the end. You can dig it into the gravel so the cucumber sticks up and they can eat all around it. It doesn't work loose and float either.

stainless steel spoon works great.... poke it through the end so it goes through the skin and let it sink... hey presto!

All i do is stick 2 plant weights on either side!

Imagine the cuke as a clock,put a weight in at 12 and one at 6 and just bend them round the edge!

My L200 and synodontis love it!

I just use a stainless steel fork. Lobster fork to be specific since they are small. Jab it in and drop it in front of the tank. I drop it in front so I can use a magnet to suck the fork back up.

Most reactions

Back