How to lure out a BlackGhost Knife fish??

shastahlove

Reaction score
Oops, I sent the post too fast. I have had my black ghost for about a month or so. He stays in a little tiny hiding spot and only peeks his head out to eat. He will eat from my hand, but like I said, he doesn't want to come out of his cave. I know they are supposed to come out at night but I'm always looking for him and never see him. Any advice on luring him out to try to get him active during the day? Thanks so much!!

a nocturnal fish should be left alone during the day, dont try to lure him out

Okay. I had just seen video with them active during the day and thought mine might be able to do that. I will leave him alone ☹️

I just posted in your other thread, here

on the same issue. It is better not to have more than one thread on an issue as members may see one and not the other, and keeping everyone on the same page as it were will mean a better response for you. This happens with new members, so not to worry. And welcome to TFF (forgot this in the older thread). :hi:

As I noted in the other thread, the tankmates here (five Glofish and 2 mollies) have issues for the BGK and that (the Glofish especially) is likely part of this problem. And perhaps the overhead lighting, depending what it is.

BGK really are not comunity fish, though it can be done with careful selection. Small fish like tetras and danios are not good however.

Please post any further replies in the other thread - see the link in Byron's post.

Most reactions

Back