how to know if plecos are alive?

Anonymous Fox

Fish Addict
Reaction score
how to know if plecos are alive? mine is always hiding in hides or behind driftwood. how do you know if there eating too?

after i started owning plecos i see why my LPS has no hides in the pleco tank...

Move the decoration (gently!) and see if they look like that white thing at the back of my tank. If they do, it's dead.

vvv - dead common pleco, not for the faint hearted!

Attachments

• 1619294753824.png
    1619294753824.png
    162.9 KB · Views: 97
The only thing i could think to do is check. My plecos are both pretty active so i don’t really have trouble seeing them. Maybe pick some different hides that are easier to see them in, and put them near the glass so you can see inside. What kind of plecos do you have and how big are they? How many and what size tank?

Move the decoration (gently!) and see if they look like that white thing at the back of my tank. If they do, it's dead.

vvv - dead common pleco, not for the faint hearted!
sorry about your pleco...
oh no that;s even worse, its a common

sorry about your pleco...
oh no that;s even worse, its a common
He was a little sweetheart! It's alright though, he's got a nice place under our flowerbed where he'll be able to give back to the planet.

You'll love having a pleco when you're finally able to get one. I like to give mine little kisses when they come up to the front of the tank (through the glass obviously lol).

He was a little sweetheart! It's alright though, he's got a nice place under our flowerbed where he'll be able to give back to the planet.

You'll love having a pleco when you're finally able to get one. I like to give mine little kisses when they come up to the front of the tank (through the glass obviously lol).
lol! what should i get? a bristlenose?

how to know if plecos are alive? mine is always hiding in hides or behind driftwood. how do you know if there eating too?

after i started owning plecos i see why my LPS has no hides in the pleco tank...
They should have a place to hide, especially if they are new to the tank. (Like yours is)

Does the Pleco have a piece of driftwood in the tank?

Depends how big your tank is. Bristlenoses seem very sweet, though I've never had one before. As always, research them very well before getting one!
75g with sand and cories and some plants...
i want a really small plec, small as you can go

Most reactions

Back