How To Cut Down Flow Of Filter?

1patrick1

Reaction score
i have a elite stingray 15 internal filter. my dwarf gourami just started to build a bubble nest (i dont know why it wasn't ever ment to) and i would like it to keep building but the filter is to strong. how can i cut down to flow? the out put it really strage compared to other internal filters so i dont know what to do!

i have a elite stingray 15 internal filter. my dwarf gourami just started to build a bubble nest (i dont know why it wasn't ever ment to) and i would like it to keep building but the filter is to strong. how can i cut down to flow? the out put it really strage compared to other internal filters so i dont know what to do!
pack it with filter floss, dont clean it at all for a considerable ammount of time, get a mini spray bar for it, I'd leave it if i were you, it will be ok,

i just covered to outlet with some media for now and will get some filter floss this weekend thanks

have you tried turning the knob bit over as far away from the nest as possible?

or lower the Stingray to the bottom of the tank so you get more of a mid flow?

or get a fluval, a much better filter and ajustable flow. Those elite things are the worst filters on the market IME.
Far less space for media than both the fluvals (even the old 'plus' ones) and the eheim aquaballs.

i dont have one of these filters, ive seen people elsewhere cutting some of the impeller blades off but not with this kind of filter.. may be worth looking into.

Most reactions

Back