How Often Should I Feed My Catfish Algae Wafer

Haydos

Reaction score
I bought a spotted corydora Agassizi catfish the other day and I wanted to know how often I should feed it an algae wafer. I know that they feed from the gravel so why should I feed him algae wafers? :huh:

Yes they eat pellets and algae wafers. But more importantly, you should buy 4 more agassizi corys so he has company :rolleyes:

I usually feed my cory's sinking wafers at night, just because all my fishes eat everything and usually nothing is left at the bottom. If you are sure that the cory is getting left over food, then throw in one sinking wafer once every 2 days.

I usually feed my cory's sinking wafers at night, just because all my fishes eat everything and usually nothing is left at the bottom. If you are sure that the cory is getting left over food, then throw in one sinking wafer once every 2 days.
Thanks for the replies I only ever kept 1 catfish at a time on their own and touch wood they were always fine and i had one for a few years. do you think it is necessary to get a few more for company? And I will feed him an algae wafer every 2 days or so then :good:

Cheers cockers

Yes they will be much better with more of their own species :good:

Corys like any fish love a varied diet,i give mine sinking algae wafers every few days usually at night when lights out,they also have during the week a mixture of flakes,mini granules,defrosted brine shrimp and bloodworm to name a few :)

or try some vegetables. I lob in a few tops / tails of whatever veg i have with sunday lunch to gauge how they like it. So far the only thing they havent eaten is parsnip! although carrots take a few days to disappear

Most reactions

Back