How much submersible is Eheim Jager?

Salty&Onion

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
It arrived today, perfectly on time, but I'm not 100% how submersible it is.
Can I put it underwater like the line shows?

IMG_20200625_123901.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200625_122533.jpg
    IMG_20200625_122533.jpg
    405.7 KB · Views: 124
Yes, you can. As it says on their website and the side of the heater, "Fully submersible".

And if it does get damaged, you have a warranty.

Yes, you can. As it says on their website and the side of the heater, "Fully submersible".

And if it does get damaged, you have a warranty.
Its a 50w one. It says that its for 25-60L tanks and my betta tank is 30L. Is the size ok?

Its a 50w one. It says that its for 25-60L tanks and my betta tank is 30L. Is the size ok?
Yes.

You might have the adjust and play around with the temperature. For example, I have a 50w heater in my 5g betta tank. But on the dial on the heater, its only 74. (Not 76 or 78)

If you put it on 78, it will be a higher temperature in the tank.

Yes.

You might have the adjust and play around with the temperature. For example, I have a 50w heater in my 5g betta tank. But on the dial on the heater, its only 74. (Not 76 or 78)

If you put it on 78, it will be a higher temperature in the tank.
Its an UK jager ;) Its got temperature Celsius and I've already out it on 26 C :D Is the temp alright?

Do you have a thermometer in the tank? What is it reading? (I assume you already have it in there)
Yep. I have it in, but temp is high as in the UK is a heat wave until tommorow so.
I will be cooling down his tank later by adding some cold tap water.

The line on the heater is the minimum line. The water must be above that line.

For a betta, 26 deg C is fine. But no heater is calibrated totally accurately so monitor the actual water temperature with a thermometer.

Yes, the heatwave is warming the tank water at the moment. But fish can cope with warmer water for a week or two and hot weather in the UK never lasts that long. Unless the water gets over 30 deg C, I would not bother to add cold water.

Once the heatwave is over, you may find the water drops below 25 deg C. If this happens just turn the heater up by 1 deg every couple of days till the water gets to the right temp.

I have the same heater submerged in my tank and it has worked flawlessly. The wavy line is the Minimum water level line. You can also calibrate the temperature dial of the heater to your in-tank thermometer if you want the two to correlate.

Yes... if the water is below the wavy line, you are at risk of frying your heater.

Most reactions

Back