How Much Longer On My Sunburst Platy? She Looks Like Shes About To Exp

SharkBaitohaha

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how much longer my sunburst platy has until birth. She just seems to get bigger and bigger and its been about a month over the past couple of days shes started to act different like hanging down towards the bottom and resting alot. i have moved her to a seperate tank that i have because i want to try and keep the fry any help on how much longer she has left please? sorry about the poor quality i had to take it from my phone.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 38
I am trying to figure out how much longer my sunburst platy has until birth. She just seems to get bigger and bigger and its been about a month over the past couple of days shes started to act different like hanging down towards the bottom and resting alot. i have moved her to a seperate tank that i have because i want to try and keep the fry any help on how much longer she has left please? sorry about the poor quality i had to take it from my phone.

Hard to tell from pics - have you read the stickies at the top of the livebearer section? That will help. Remember mum will prob eat the fry unless she is removed immediately after finishing giving birth.

The pics show shes in a tank with no substrate - do you plan on getting some?

yes i am planing on getting something this is just an old tank i emptied out and have had the water running and i thru everything away so i just put the fish in their temperary to seperate her from all the other fish because i would like to try and save the fry

Welcome to our forum SharkBaitohaha.
Your platy is probably at a week or less from her drop. As Fluffy C mentioned, you should have a read through of the pinned topics about livebearers. We try very hard to answer the questions people may have about the progress of their livebearers. My own thread is mostly about how to judge the progress your fish is making compared to my own molly. On the other hand, 5teady, Livebearer master, has posted a thread that is more focused on the immediate symptoms of a platy that is about to drop. If you believe your fish is very close to a drop that thread can be quite a big help.

Welcome to our forum SharkBaitohaha.
Your platy is probably at a week or less from her drop. As Fluffy C mentioned, you should have a read through of the pinned topics about livebearers. We try very hard to answer the questions people may have about the progress of their livebearers. My own thread is mostly about how to judge the progress your fish is making compared to my own molly. On the other hand, 5teady, Livebearer master, has posted a thread that is more focused on the immediate symptoms of a platy that is about to drop. If you believe your fish is very close to a drop that thread can be quite a big help.

Ok i will definetly check them out im sorry i did not notice them but i am new to all of this forum stuff and im just trying to figure it out i am going to read about them now... but anyways thank you for your time

Most reactions

Back