How Many Watts Of Heat For A 150G?

mattlee

get on a board and do yo thang...!
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
i am setting up a 150g in my garage. the garage is internal so isnt major cold but will obviously get cold during the winter. i have 2 x 300w rena smart heaters to use on the tank but is this going to be enough? required temp is going to be about 25/26 degrees C.

Matt I have a 150g in the garage as well that gets a little cold in winter and I run two 300w heaters and thats fine. been running about 3 winters now

did you insulate the tank at all simon or just leave it as it comes? the reason i ask is because during the winter when its really cold the heaters will be working overtime i would imagine....

hi mattlee just a thort. i used the stuff you tuck behind radiators to insulate our tank along the back and one end it letts me run 2x300watts on a 380 gall tank and only cost 12 pound for 2 rolls from b&q :)

the only insulation was a piece of thick polystyrene at one end that was closest to the garage door. I stuffed all the holes around the window framesand door frames with tesco carrier bags to stop drafts which made a huge difference.

I;ve not checked how much they are on I just know they keep a constant temperature :good:

hi mattlee just a thort. i used the stuff you tuck behind radiators to insulate our tank along the back and one end it letts me run 2x300watts on a 380 gall tank and only cost 12 pound for 2 rolls from b&q :)
thanks for the tip :good: this is what i was thinking of doing but wasnt sure of what to use... can you remember what its callled?

Most reactions

Back