How Many Times Should I Feed My Fish?

rahina

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have had my fish tank for two months and I feed them once a day and they seem happy but I read that some people on the forum feed their fish twice and thrice. should I feed them more often? I have fry and I feed them twoce a day and usually I give them blood worms

Once a day is fine, i feed mine once a day and they all have little round tummies! You can feed your fish up to three times a day if you have time, but you should feed them a third of what you usually feed them at each feeding.

I prefer once a day, they stay healthy and happy, and if you're going to be out for a majority of one day they won't miss a meal or two that they're used to. And it's entertaining seeing them go berserk when its time for their meal for the day.

For full-grown fish, once a day is fine. You want to feed fry at least 3 times a day, because they have smaller stomachs, food goes through them faster, and they're growing.

Well it is best to feed them 3 times a day in very small amounts because they will always be less hungry. Fish in the wild usually eat several times a day in very small amounts. But some fish such as predatory fish should be feed every three days or so. So it all depends on the type of fish you have. I find it better to feed them once a day because they will be more eager to eat and it is more entertaining to watch them unlike them eating slowly due to they are feed several times a day beacuse they are not as hungary. It should say just go according to what is convinient to you :good:

Most reactions

Back