How Many Shrimp Can I Keep In A 20l Tank?

dingweding

Fishaholic
Reaction score
i have a 20L tank, heavily planted, there are 2 amaon shrimp, 11 cherry(2 male 9 female) 8 humble bee, 6 crystal red and 3 crystal black. Sounds quite a lot, but most time, they hide, so you normally can see 7 or 8 of them.

The cherry keep on breeding, every single female is with big belly :angry: i alreay can see many many baby, different size, i am worried the tank will explode soon :sick:

i am setting up a new 45l tank for the humble bee and CRS etc, but plan to leave teh cheery and amaon in the 20L.

Perhaps you can make some money by selling some of the cherry shrimps when they grow a bit :lol:

Are the bees and crystal reds the ones you bought from Germany??

30 shrimp in a 5 gall tank. I'd have guessed at 20 tops.... but what ever. :rolleyes:

Perhaps you can make some money by selling some of the cherry shrimps when they grow a bit :lol:

Are the bees and crystal reds the ones you bought from Germany??

:blush: i never will, i always dream to make some money, however, i always end up spend a lot.

e.g i bought many kinds endler from ebay, thinking one day i might sell those baby to cover my fish enpense. However, i soon get bored, now all of them are left in one tank, there are many baby, i just leave them, can not be bothered.

i bought many apple snail as well, different kind of color, once they grow up and breed, i soon get bored, i give most of them to friend, there are 3 left in the endler tank, i even can not be bother to feed them sometime.

Now is shrimp. Hope my interest can last a little longer. Sounds i am a very bad fish keeper, ain't I :unsure:

Yes, those bees and crystal red are from Germany. However, i did not acclimate them very well, so some died within the one day. The rest seems happy though.

How long will cost the baby shrimp to grow up? in my tiny tank, there are already nearly 50 baby shrimp, range with from 2mm to 5mm. i already get rid of female adult because i worry they will end up too many babies.

btw, i notice one of my CRS also carry eggs. God bless, no baby too soon, my new tank is still cycling.

I'd say it'd take 2-3 months just be able to start sexing em. But if you have alot on your hands, you could sell em you know. Over the internet, in lfs, or even on this very site :D :thumbs:
I'm sure alot of ppl would be interested.

Lucky you! Buy one CRS and get 30 :lol: Well, if your CRS only just got berried then you still have a few weeks to get your tank ready ;)

I do not know how to post the fish, even i ordered many time from ppl here or ebay etc. All the fish, shrimp or snails arrive safe. However, if you ask me to post them, i really do not know how to prepare, esp the weather is colder now. And i have to find heat pack :crazy:

You never know how many shrimps in that small tank, because most time they are hiding. However, i noticed, every time i change water, maybe becasue the Ph is a little changing, all the shrimp comes out swim everywhere, i was quite shocked when i found there are so many of them live there.

Lucky you! Buy one CRS and get 30 :lol: Well, if your CRS only just got berried then you still have a few weeks to get your tank ready ;)

Not 30 :crazy: i can count the eggs, about 10 or less, maybe the first time mum. However, the cherry mum always have huge huge belly full of eggs, every single one of them!

If you do get heatpacks and CRS and packaging material, you can easily make 2.5 british pounds/5 US. Dollars per shrimp. Good way of making money as I'm sure many will be interested in buying homebred CRS.

Too bad we are in the U.S :unsure:

Are you crazy, i alway jealous about ppl live in US, there are so many website you can buy all kinds of fish shrimp etc, and the price is much cheaper than here in europe.

Most reactions

Back