How Many Clown Loaches/ Bala Sharks?

sabrefish79

Reaction score
I have 6 clown loaches and 6 bala sharks and am trying to figure out my stocking - I know I'm over stocked - but at the moment the are all babies with plenty of room. I'm trying to decide future stocking however. I currently have them in a 150 gallon tank (2 foot wide tank) . I plan on getting a second tank next year. I'm just wondering if I get a similar tank and move one group to it will both groups have enough space for a while. I've heard clown loaches grow slow - is this true? Can 6 live happily in 150 gallons for a while? Can 6 balas live happily in 150 gallons? I was told they like groups so that's what we did - they never told us how big they would get :) I also considered dropping the number down to 4 of each but I didn't want to go to low.

Anyone with clown loaches or bala sharks - any advise would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks

I think they should be fine for a year or twos. I have like 12 in a 125g and they seem happy with their nabor frontosa.

i have some bala, i have to let my friend house them right now, has my 90gallon has broke!!! :angry: they grow pretty fast, so get that tank asap, but i only had 2 and they were very happy in my 90 gallon tarting around!! :D

I had 5 clown loaches in my 135g with 2 large cichlids, silver dollars and a plec.

What else do you keep in there? If that's all, I cant see it being overstocked - sounds fine :)

Most reactions

Back