How Long

debbs2207

Reaction score
Hi all,

My tank has been up and running for 6 days now, it's done a cycle already as i've had high readings of ammonia, nitrite and low PH, all seems to be fine now though (treated the PH).
Can anyone tell me how many cycles (how long) I will need to wait and what exactly do I do from now??? Do I take water readings each weeks and monitor the water, what if it's not right.....
I have LiveRock in the tank already...seems to have some tiny wriggly things all over it...oooh and just found the tiniest shrimp (really it's minute)...AARRGHH :hyper: just found a HUGE catarpillar (yuk)...will they survive?????
Any help would be grately appreciated!!!
Debbs

Attachments

• IMG_0721.JPG
    IMG_0721.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 48
If you've completed your ammonia/nitrite spike and your nitrates are @ or below 30ppm you can prolly add some cleanup crew and consider a first fish :)

Thanks for the reply SkiFletch, but the levels of ammonia have gone way high again, I have no nitrite (But I guess it'll come)!

Going away at christmas so we aren't going to get anything untill we come back. Also the tank looks nothing like a marine tank...so all artificiall stuff comming out and loads more LR going in!!!

Is this the right way to go?
Debbs

I was going to say!! it looks ok sand is great also the big rock is nice. I would take the plactic plants and small (if they are un-live rock) out. otherwise its nice

Most reactions

Back