how long till i see babies

steve-0

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
One of my female mollies is pregnant , im pretty sure. What my question is is about how long after the molly starts getting bigger will she have babies. Just need an estimates time so i can isolate her, not to early and not to late . THanks

28 days aproximately, but my guppy got so fat in 28 days and seemed to last about 34 so 28 as a minimum.

I agree with FOGGY gesturation period is 28 days but could last as much as 40 days so i read in aquarium magazine!!!

Congrats on your success and may your molly be blessed with loads of happy babies.

I have red wagtail platys and my large female has just given birth, approx 40 days after her last lot - it may even have been longer. She got huge after about 28 days but then stayed like that for a couple of weeks more, I was starting to worry that she would never pop :blink: but I went down to see her this morning and she was back to normal size. :shifty:

Does any one know how many babies she will have had? I have had only a couple survive from her previous litters. :look:

Depending how large the female is you may have up to 40 babies! For young platies its usually around 20 :)

Thanks William, she is a really large platy so I will have to keep my eyes peeled. :hyper:

Any idea how long before I should be able to see them in the tank?

Most reactions

Back