how long for lights?

arctickev

Reaction score
hi how long do you leave your lights on for? and do you leave your, pump, airstones, e.t.c. on all the time?

i've got a couple of filters one external one internal and a powerhead for water movements that i turn off over night.

I leave my filters on all the time in one tank (external filters) and the other tanks I only turn the filters off when feeding. I have an airstone in the tank with the external filters and I turn off the air stone only when feeding.

As for lights I have mine all on a timer. I have them times to come on at 10am and the coldwater and small tropicals go off at 10.30pm. I have a blue light in my big tropical tank as well as the 2 white so I have the white going off and the bkue coming on at 8pm and then the blue going off at 10.30pm.

It's important to have a routine IMO and very important for your plants and fish to have a night time. I think 8-12 hours of light is ok, less if there's no plants.

HTH

I leave all of my filters on except for feeding, and I leave my lights on for 12-13 hours a day, usually 1:00 PM to 1:00 AM.

i leave all my filters and airstones on all the time and i turn my light on when i wake up (6:30am) until i go to bed (between 9:00pm and 10:30pm) so my fish are awake all the time i am!

I keep my lights turned on for at least 12 hours a day. And the filters and airstones are always on.

For the preservation of the beneficial bacteria,

I keep my lights turned on for at least 12 hours a day. And the filters and airstones are always on.

For the preservation of the beneficial bacteria, FILTERS SHOULD ALWAYS BE LEFT ON. :nod:

We leave everything turned on 24/7 except for the lights. They get turned on in the mornings around 6:00am until I leave for work and then I turn them off some days. They get natural light from the windows during the day. Then when we get home in the afternoons we turn the lights on until around 10:00pm.

Hi all-
I leave my filter on 27/4 and my airstone 24/7. I only turn my lights on from 6pm to 9pm. But I have my tank in my living which is kinda small but has a huge 9 ft by 8ft window, so its hard for them not to get light from the window!

My filter is on everytime even when I do water changes, I turn on the lights at 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM just before I go to bed.....

PUMPS[ SPONGE FILTERS] AND CURCULATORS[ UNDER GRAVEL FILTER ] ARE ALWAYS ON :nod: , I USE A TIMER FOR MY LIGHTS , THEY STAY ON ABOUT 12 HOURS FROM 11AM TO 11PM I KNOW IT'S KINDA LATE [9PM - 8) 11PM] BUT THAT'S WHEN I UNWIND INFRONT OF THE TANKS. I AGREE WITH INCHWORM FILTERS SHOULDN'T BE TURNED OFF :no: ,UNLESS YOU HAVE TO .

Most reactions

Back