How Full Should I Fill My Tank

swampey

Reaction score
Just pondering some thing as I gaze at my newly set up tank ... Have I Put enough water in ?

Theres a good 7 and a half cm from the current water line to the top of the tank. and the internal filter just is a good 3cm above the water line which is jetting a good amount of water andf is moving the water about the tank and making plenty of bubbles

More water needed or not is the question

Its doesn't really matter except what looks good to you..... obv if the water level is only half way in the tank, then you have cut the water volume in half and then should make sure the volume is not over stocked...

But, if its right below the top of the tank, no biggie.... I try to keep the water level at or just above the bottom of the black strip that runs along the tank rim, just for aesthetic reasons.

Ox :good:

If you have a hood then the rim should cover the top of the waterline so you can't see surface, that's common advice.

As long as the water can be moved through the filter and the heater is not becoming exposed to the air enough to affect the functioning, adding more water is really up to you and how you like it to look.

Most reactions

Back