How Do You Get So Many Plugins?

K.J.

LUK ITS A FUZBALL
Reaction score
I'm out of plugins, and yet I still need another one. :angry: I have an extension to my normal plugins and have, I think, 10 in my room. But I need 2 for the heaters, 2 for the filters, 1 for the bubbler, 2 for the light, 1 for the room light, 1 for the TV, one for the betta light, one for the clock and one for the extension. That's eleven. Is there any possible way for me to get more space?

Wow, that sounds like quite a tangle of wires. However, none of the items you listed use a ton of power at once. The heaters are probably only 50 or 100 watts, depending on your tank sizes. The TV might be the biggest electric hog. Anyway, with that in mind, you can try getting a power strip to increase the number of plugs. Just don't plug anything with a large power requrement since you have so much stuff on the same circuit. (most of the time all plugs in a room are on the same circuit, and sometimes neighboring rooms have some plugs on the same one also.) Hair dryers, space heaters, toasters, and microwaves are some examples of things that use a lot of electric.

Well at Wal-mart my dad picked up a huge power strip it holds 12 cords at once! I love it!!

Isn't that dangerous? My mom said I couldn't do that. :/

The outlet on your wall should have two plugs right? use 1 powerstrip per plug. Thats what i did. or using your current powerstrip get a rectangle 3-way plug and plug it in the powerstrip and plug the tank lights and the room light into that, just make sure its not too wide so it dont block another plug that would give you eight plugs, still two short. Just use two strips its easier.

its not dangerous as long as you dont plug in the TV

the filters, heaters, air pump, and tank lights wont take much power
but the TV, and room light will

if you plug the TV in you will be trying to force more current through 1 outlet than it can handle and therefore may cause damage to the electrical wiring in your home.
its best to just relocate the tv and room light to another outlet to be on the safe side

Most reactions

Back