How do i build my own tank?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mikemensch2007

Reaction score
I might be interested in building my own fish tank, like something close to 30 gallons.... i do not need a stand i already have one built(not really a stand more on the shelf side). I would like to know where to get the stuff to build a tank, glass or acrylic doesnt matter... And also how to go about building it... I plan on making it a freshwater planted tank if i can but i might rethink the planted part since i have never done that before. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks...

Thanks,
Mike

GARF!

Go there, then "DIY Pages" then "Tank Building" And fill it in etc. Then read the instructions on how to make the tank you specified.
Just to start you off.
Zac

Unless you are going to build a tank larger than around a 120 gallon, it's cheaper to buy it than build with glass or acrylic, unless you have a line on really cheap materials.

Plywood is around the same cost when you take into account the paint needed to do the inside of the tank.

Tolak

I just plan on building about 30-40 gallons, i have no room for more than that. I will check out that site and see what its like...

Thanks
Mike

now where is a good place to get acrylic? and the cement stuff needed to glue it together? do i have to order the acrylic over the net or can i buy it somewhere like lowes or home depot or something like that?

Thanks,
Mike

Most reactions

Back