How common are...

Synirr

"No one is a failure unless you try"
Reaction score
I was just wondering how common white (lutino, not albino) tiger shovelnoses are? My LFS has one that was originally white with stripes, but has since become pure white with black eyes. It's about 14" and a real beauty... if only I had a larger tank!

ive never seen one before so i would say not very common at all

Synirr said:
I was just wondering how common white (lutino, not albino) tiger shovelnoses are? My LFS has one that was originally white with stripes, but has since become pure white with black eyes. It's about 14" and a real beauty... if only I had a larger tank!
[snapback]866477[/snapback]​
I thought Lutinos are also red eyed. Just white yellow colour pigments?
:S

a leucistic TSN? They are not very common, actually they are rare.

Usually they go for between $900-$1500 USD

Dangerousdan said:
I thought Lutinos are also red eyed. Just white yellow colour pigments?
:S
[snapback]868657[/snapback]​
You would think so, but any animal I've ever seen refered to as lutino had dark eyes... not sure exactly why that is. :dunno:
The eyes are the only dark thing on this fish

I'm sooo tempted to buy that shovelnose now and resell it. If I remember correctly it is less than $200... definitely nowhere near $900. If only I had the money! I'm going to try to go by the shop tomorrow and snap a pic of it :D

I'd be careful. TSNs growth rate is nothing short of astounding in the early stages. IIRC Paul_MTS was growing one and it was growing at nearly 1" per week at times. They do tend to slow down once they get past their first foot though.

^Damn that's fast! :S
The local garden center had loads of L numbered cats in today. Sadly they charge massively for them. Which is a great pity since their tanks there are really inadequate, despite the filtration systems they tend have installed. I've never not seen a dead fish in at least a few of the tanks. They had an arrowana at least 14" in a tank not big enough for it to turn around in. And they wanted £800 for him! He's gone now so hopefully he's got a good home.:(
Some of the cats though were truly lovely specimens. I might be tempted by one or two in a few weeks.
Hugs,
P.

i was bored....did some searching...

here;s my TSN at December 15th 3-4"

post-22-1103132064.jpg

Febuary 9th 10"

TSN.JPG

I can't find any pictures when he was 15" before I rehomed him. but that was around April.

Wow, he's absolutely beautiful Paul :wub:
I really love TSNs... one day I'll have a tank big enough for one!

I got a pic of the leucistic fellow today, take a look :)

he was a beut and i really loved him but had to go. really wish I could have another one that i could keep for life as well as a RTC.

that shovelnose is looks somthing quite special synirr

Most reactions

Back