How Can You Tell?

1clicc

Reaction score
I want to get some Live Rock for my tank, but i wasn't sure how to tell if the live Rock is cured or not. How do you guyz look for when picking out live rock which is cured? If any of you guys or gurls won't mind helping me out here, i would really appreciated. Thanks A Whole BUNCH!

Lee

cured rock....... is rock that has been in a tank with living creatures and bacteria for a while. it has a good bacteria build up and has live creatures in it.
base rock........ is the same rock just not in the water as long and can cause you water to get a litte out of wack unless you have a well estalibished tank.

look for rock with a good build up of coraline alge and some hitchikers like little feather dusters. then you know it is cured. and wonlt cause a your water to change to much.

I went and got a 7 and something pound of live rock that has some purple stuff on it. I know that it's very expensive over here .. it's like 6.99 per pound .. that's why i only got 7 lbs. Is it cured when you see purple stuff on it? Oh .. yeah and it's from the LFS tank.

Lee

no any live rock can have coraline algae on it what you need to do
is give it a good snif when you take it out if it smells like rotten eggs
its not cured if it smells like the sea its cured

cheers ritchie

Most reactions

Back