Reaction score
pics of what i want to plant moss on

DSC00873.jpg

DSC00869.jpg

DSC00868.jpg

and maybe a coconut cave to!

any one out there that can help me??

Paul.

I'm just a newbie but I have had success growing a java moss "lawn" on some slate rock.

All I did was lay out the strands of moss evenly on the surface, then I took fine fishing line and wrapped it around the slate as tight as possible, making sure the moss stayed evenly spread and attached. You could tie the line in small grids. I can't see the fishing line the moss is looking good, although growing slowly.

I also have a cocnut cave and I love it, it looks natural and would be a nice addition to the natural rocky look you're going for. I'm even considering attacking some moss to the coconut shell as well, I've seen pictures and it looks great.

Good luck

Basically just as tgo said - only use enough to cover the slate and don't worry if at first you can still see the slate through it - it'll soon fill in. :D
Here's a link to a topic jimbooo made about covering slate etc. with java moss or riccia (don't try riccia - it's murder. It doen't attch its-self like java moss does so bits always escape and end up floating about the tank :crazy:)

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showto...101806&st=0

Claire

Most reactions

Back