How Big Should 2 Week Old Molly Fry Be?

debbie888

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Ok question in the title, has anyone got any pics of 2 week old fry, just want to check that mine are growing ok?

Obviously they have grown since birth, but I thought I would ask the question?

Thanks

Debbie

About this big.. (...........) depends on what your feeding them though, lots of fry grow at diffrent rates.

:)

About this big.. (...........) depends on what your feeding them though, lots of fry grow at diffrent rates.

I am feeding them egg and chips...is that ok? :thumbs:

Ok will just get one and put it to the measuring thing you put on... :)

Well they are probably a little smaller than that, feedng baby brine shrimp, and crushed flakes at the moment!

Thanks for info.

Debbie

You sarcastic git rofl

If your feeding them bbs and crushed flake, they should be fine and growing good ;)

:fun:

Egg yoke is good not sure about the chips though

Stiffler is that true then about the egg yolk? Had read it somewhere actually?

i have heard that too but not tried it myself bbs seem to be best option imo ? but thats not worth much ... microworms are good too .. get some from steady

BBS a good option I think,....have just ordered some microworms from ebay....as I have 2 mollies ready to drop soon....so the microworms will come to some good use!

Egg yolk is an option, but it pollutes the water and bbs is a far better option.

Whilst live food is fantastic for the fish, don't forget the greens as mollies are omnivores.

Mine are only about a week old and are eating crushed flake food. They are about the size 5teady gave you for a decent size. I have a very small batch of fry in with the female in a 29G tank so there is no lack of room for them and they started large as mollies always do. Since we all have different sized screens, I will go the next step and say they are about 1/2 inch long, in most of the world that's about 13 mm.

Mine are only about a week old and are eating crushed flake food. They are about the size 5teady gave you for a decent size. I have a very small batch of fry in with the female in a 29G tank so there is no lack of room for them and they started large as mollies always do. Since we all have different sized screens, I will go the next step and say they are about 1/2 inch long, in most of the world that's about 13 mm.
Becuase you guys are talking about mollie fry i was just woundering i have a tank of guppy fry and they are living in cold water! Can i mix my mollies fry (when she has them) in with my guppy fri. So what i am asking is can they live in cold water? Like guppy fry can!

Most reactions

Back