Hosing looking like it has Ich

NomadbyFate

Reaction score
Hi all,
Both hose to and from my filter are covered in white dots, it looks almost like it has Ich šŸ¤£!

The hosing is Chihiros and goes from a Fluval 107 to glass Lily pipes. I canā€™t work what it is, I have tried to clean it and some comes off but I canā€™t get those whole hose cleaned. At first I thought it was air bubbles, but itā€™s not.

Has anyone encountered anything like this?

IMG_7563.jpeg
IMG_7563.jpeg

Some type of mold?

My first thought was algae, it looks a bit pale though. Are the pipes in a brightly lit position?

Looks like bacterial colonies to me, but algae is also a possibility. Would have to scrape off a sample and look at it in a microscope. Is the section of hose normally exposed to light. Doubt that it will be a problem. Seen things similar, but not exact, at a fish hatchery.

Thanks. I need to find a brush that will go far enough up there. Ironically; there are no obvious signs of algae in the tank.
I don't know where you are but harbor freight sells a multi pack of brushes that might be perfect for that. I don't know how long you need but it might do it.

bryozoans or protozoans maybe but need a better picture of the white things and from different angles.

I don't know where you are but harbor freight sells a multi pack of brushes that might be perfect for that. I don't know how long you need but it might do it.
Thanks for this. I will check them out.

Most reactions

Back