Hornwort plant

Tyler777

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Do your hornwort plant little needles separate from the plant n get suck up by the filter n block the water flow ?

What can I do stop that ?

If hornwort is bought from a cold pond and put in a tropical tank (or vice versa) it will normally shed its leaves and can die. The same thing can happen if there is a major change in water chemistry (pH, GH, KH). If you want hornwort in a tropical aquarium, try to buy it in summer.

It's a brittle plant. I can't grow it here. It sheds and dies.

In other houses with different water, it was unstoppable. It grew really fast and looked great. In south Central Canada, I kayaked over vast meadows of hornwort - but now in the east, I haven't seen it growing wild. Sometimes, an easy plant simply won't be easy because of your water.

If hornwort is bought from a cold pond and put in a tropical tank (or vice versa) it will normally shed its leaves and can die. The same thing can happen if there is a major change in water chemistry (pH, GH, KH). If you want hornwort in a tropical aquarium, try to buy it in summer.
Well I don't know what u call a tropical aquarium. I got normal fresh water fish but no gold fish.
I got the plant in 3 different tanks n does the same in each tank.
I bought it from 2 different persons that sold em online but both persons talked bout having em at home in their own tank not pond n we just bought em 2 weeks ago so during summer.
The water difference might be a possibility I guess

Tropical aquariums require a heater.

Most reactions

Back