Hope He's Ok

JaminRat

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Took a trip tto the lfs this morning to pick up a couple of corys for the fw tank and noticed a PJ wrasse and had to have him. Got him home and was going through the acclimatisation as normal, float bag add small amounts of water etc and when I went to add the 4th lot noticed the bag was empty. I'd turned my back for a couple of seconds and he must have jumped from the bag straight into the tank as after a few seconds of frantically scanning the floor I spotted him emerging from the rock pile.

He seams happy enough and isn't showing any ill effects at the moment. Lets hope he is ok in the long run. Just couldn't believe the cunning little blighter.

I think acclimating is more crucial for the inverts (not saying that it isn't important for fish though). As long as the temp and salinity were fairly close, and everything else was pretty spot on, it should be ok. I'd watch it to make sure it eats and is active.

Agree for the most part. Some fish (tangs, eels, etc) are as sensitive as most inverts. That being said, most fish are easy to acclimate just like dixaisy930 said. Should be fine :)

All seems well he took food today with no problems and he appears ok colours bright and behaving normally. My lonely clown is now much happier as he has a friend. He's taken to following the wrasse eveywhere.

Most reactions

Back