Hooray I Killed All My Aiptasia!

Pearsondesign

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
go me!
lol

i have just spent the last 25 minutes, yes it took that long, to completely kill all of my aiptasia with aiptasia x!
there were seriously over a hundred in total between my reef and my lionfish tank.
the lionfish tank was fun, i always get scared when i have to put my arm in their tank lol.

also, on a side note, got offered another volitan today! oooh, so tempted!
then i would have 3 again, 1 4 inches, 1 5-6 inches, and the large 9 inch one :)

another side note, i was given a free yellow damsel today :) my lfs has had him for a while and he kept beating up any fish that was put with it. killed 6 in total.
my mate who runs the shop gave me him as he cant really bully a lionfish lol. even though teh damsel is about 3 inches, the lionfish has still been trying to eat him for the last hour lol. ive added more rocks and made a safe area for him to retreat to until they become friends :)

not sure what type of damsel it is, anyone know?
149555_10150325760185265_759975264_15355117_5499631_n.jpg

i have just spent the last 25 minutes, yes it took that long, to completely kill all of my aiptasia with aiptasia x!

Oh if only it was that easy :p there will be one nasty little soab sitting somewhere in the rock, laughing :blink:

Seffie x

lol, funny you should say that as ive just noticed 2 more :(
bloody things!
ahhhh
its not so much of a problem in my lionfish tank, as i dont have corals etc, but they are ugly things :(

They can also do 100m in less than 10 seconds
laugh.gif
. I think they move faster than some of my cleanup crew.

Many years ago I thought I had got rid of them with a couple of peppermint shrimps but they just have this canny knack of respawning.

With all the new horror movies out at the moment perhaps there a script in there somewhere. - "The return of the Aiptasia" or "The sting II"

Love it or hate it they pretty much here to stay - just keep having a clear-out every now and then - the soldering iron method is very therapeutic.

lol, i never had much luck with that

aiptasia x is the best ive used so far, they implode and die! muahahahasha!

Most reactions

Back