Homemade Toys For Betta?

Arlo

Reaction score
I was wondering what sort of things I could use to make toys for my betta. I want to keep his tank interesting, but I don't want to spend £15 on ONE thing for his tank, as I've notice any decent things for fish tanks (things they can swim in and out of) tend to be a lot of money! And I can't order stuff online.

So does anyone know of things I can put in his tank that will make it more fun? He has one thing in there he swims in and out of, and two plants.

If its a male, (which it probably is) you could put a small mirror in there. He will enjoy flaring towards his reflection! It is quite funny! :lol:

Hope this helps! :good:

Crazyforcordoras

He doesn't flare! He's not bothered by his reflection!

I'm thinking about getting Lego!

I'm thinking about getting Lego!

You could make him a little lego house :lol: Make sure it's safe though (no stickers/glue, no sharp edges, etc) and no little gaps where he could get stuck in. Might want to somehow wash/clean it before putting it in too just to be sure it's alright and you're not introducing anything into the tank :good:

You can give him make him a little cave I reused a betta bowl and burried the bottom half in sand so he had some thing to lay on

Some bettas enjoy moving around ping pong balls on the surface of the water, haven't tried this with mine yet though!

coconut shell upside down works well for a cave. you can also build up a stone one with slates. plastic tubing is good too. Use your imagination and think outside the box i am sure you can think of something. For a few more ideas... terra cotta pots, drift wood, shells. goodluck!

Most reactions

Back