Holiday Feeding

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

JxsPxxle

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I was wondering how i could keep my betta happy and healthy while i’m on a four day holiday. I currently feed him twice a day, tropical flakes on a morning and blood worms on a night. What do you people do about feeding when on holiday? I am planning on making a reverse snail trap for my puffer fish so they are fed over a several day period with snails, but I do not know what to do about my betta.

Enjoy the holiday. Your betta will be fine withot being fed for 4 days.

Your Betta will be fine without food for 4 days. Just do a water change before you go and he/she will be perfectly fine.

same deal with your puffers. give them a feed before you go and leave it at that.

Agree. Healthy mature fish (not fry) can go for days without food (they will also usually find some natural food in the aquarium if it is established). I would also suggest you limit the twice daily feedings when you get back, once a day is more than enough (fish will always appear to be hungry) even missing one or two days each week. And bloodworms should never be fed more than once a week.

Thanks for the replies. I thought they would be fine but it is always worth the ask. I will change the blood worms to once a week and feed less as I may be over feeding them a bit.

Most reactions

Back