High Ph Range Cories

deanrar

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
since i have moved house the water in my new area is a lot harder than where i was and the ph range has moved from around 6.8-7 to now being 7.8-8 and i wondered if there were any cories which would enjoy the harder more alkaline water?

I to am interested in finding out. I have a newly setup 3ft and the water is about 7.6. But with added co2 hopefully it will go down. Also to make it abit more interesting. I have 2 baby corys swimming in the 7.6ph water. Dont want to move them as the shock will be to great for them. Sorry for hijacking you thread.

Torrens

The ph of my water is 8.0-8.2. I've kept Schwartzi, Julii, Paleatus, Agasizzi, Sodalis, Leucomelas,orange & green lasers and probably a few others that I've forgotten the names of. Corys are pretty adaptable to water.

There are some more sensitive varieties that are more nervous and easily stressed that I would not try. LPS pandas are one of them. Over time the very high ph can wear them down. But the more hearty should b e fine. Leucomelas, bronze and peppers are hearty, probably emerald catfish and sterbai also.

Most reactions

Back