Hiding fish - my fickle shark. Conniving trickster or stupid? ;)

Robder

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Not really an emergency. :fun:

However, I've just started filling my huge Juwel tank. I bought a red tail shark and a fancy pleco to start things off.

The shark is about two inches long, so pretty small.

I have an Aquadecor 3d background which provides a good seal, yet still, the shark keeps finding a hole and swimming behind it somehow. This is fine by me if he wants to - however it took me ages to discover him the first time and it was quite stressful trying (and failing) to get a net behind the background to fish him back over.

However, later on, there he was, swimming around in the main tank again...before disappearing again hours later for 24 hours behind the background, which is where he's been ever since.

Question: should I leave him there? Or will he starve? Is this an intentional habit or has he ended up there again by fluke?

Ta!

Thanks!

that's what red tails do. Put a long air stone in front of (about 1 inch from) a tank surface he would show up against. Mine found it irresistable, he would kind of prop himself above the bubble stone on the back wall of the tank, which was also a kind of dark corner

Thank you! I knew someone in here would know.

**Researches air stones** I've no clue what this is but good suggestion! :)

Most reactions

Back