Hi From The Central Coast, Australia

Reeferbro

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I just moved to the Central Coast,NSW, Australia a week ago from the UK.
So far I have kept freshwater tropical community fish, freshwater dwarf shrimp in a species tank and a nano reef with mostly lps and some sps. But have nothing at the moment :( so all I can do is plan ;)
My old marine tank:
image.jpg
Cheers

Hello Welcome mate.... its goodto see people joining all over the world
yes.gif

I'm thinking of doing a small heavily planted tank (5-20 gallons) with cherry shrimp or yellow shrimp or CRS or CBS and then a middle size reef- probably 40-100 gallons with mostly LPS and SPS with LED lighting. Does anyone know of any shrimp breeders on the central coast on in sydney?

Welcome to Australia and the forum
welcomeani.gif

If you decide to go with CRS or CBS in NSW, just be aware that it will/ can still get very hot there in summer and you will most likely need a chiller to keep these expensive shrimp alive. Cherry shrimp and a lot of their morphs are fairly readily available here in Aust and pretty affordable if your not after some of the rarer types.

Lexizdanov said:
Lovely tank :)
Thanks Lexizdanov!
Baccus said:
Welcome to Australia and the forum :hi: .

If you decide to go with CRS or CBS in NSW, just be aware that it will/ can still get very hot there in summer and you will most likely need a chiller to keep these expensive shrimp alive. Cherry shrimp and a lot of their morphs are fairly readily available here in Aust and pretty affordable if your not after some of the rarer types.
Thanks for the advice baccus! Is there a chiller small enough for tank around 5 gallons?

I did a bit of research into chillers and found that for my sized tanks (and general weather conditions) that I needed a chiller that had a 3-4x turn over just to keep my tank hopefully around 25 degrees in summer. And for that level of water through put I was looking at some very expensive systems.
I would check out marine setups for nano tanks as many of these have chillers for the corals and may suit your needs.

Neat old reef aquarium, I hoppe you can get another aquarium setup soon. I hope you enjoy your stay. I thinking about setting up a 10 gallon nano-reef myself:).

Most reactions

Back