Hi Everyone

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Matt0durham

Reaction score
Hi

My names Matt, I live in the uk and I'm completely new to keeping fish!!!
I've really wanted fish since my dad had a huge one when I was younger.

So I'm 26 now and run my own business from home called cool-kids selling children's clothing but I also have a lot of free time as the majority of the work is self automated.
With all the free time I had I needed to keep myself busy and keeping fish inside has certainly done that!!

I'll be honest and say that I was like a few people at the start who wanted fish straight away!! I bought the aqua nano 40 (55 litre) tank as it came with everything that I would need such as filter, ceramic media, heater and water pump (I'm sure that has a different name).... I waited 3 days as I was told and then returned to my petstore and bought two neon tetra!! Unfortunately they lost all of their colour for some reason and died!! I felt so guilty that I needed to learn what I had done wrong.... So I scoured the web and found out about the nitrogen cycle and how important it is to cycle your fish tank!! I didn't know anyone that was keeping fish so I couldn't use any of their good bacteria and still being rather impatient ventured back to the pet store after reading about api QuickStart!! I also bought 6 golden barbs!! And I have the api liquid test kit!! Two weeks later brings us to today and my ammonia is 0 nitrite 0 and nitrate is 10ppm!!

It's nice to finally have a hobby I really enjoy and yes I now learning the value of patience!
So it's very nice to meet you all and no doubt will I need your help in the future!

Kind regards

Matt
I really should have checked the grammar in that post! I do apologise.

:hi: to the forum Matt.

Don't worry, your mistake is made by many beginners, including myself. The good thing is that you ended up doing your research.

I'm surprised that your QuickStart actually worked, most people find that they're a waste of money. It's good to know that your worked though. :)

I am not sure about QuickStart, but I have found that Stability works quite well.   Jumped the gun on my tanks cycling and stocked it, and they suffered for the first week because I didn't know much about it.  I wasn't even producing nitrites yet when when I finally started testing the water, luckily the Prime that I was sold probably kept them all alive.  Anyways after about another 7 days of Stability the tank was literally fully cycled, even after I stopped dosing, so they definitely can help!

Anyways Matt glad to have you, I am pretty new myself and have developed quite a lighting and DIY addiction, along with plants and pufferfish, LOL.

Most reactions

Back