Hexanematichthys Seemanni

nicky1200

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So a few days ago i went into my local pet shop and seen 3 catfish which they had named has "aluminium catfish" so today i went back in to buy them and there was only 2 left so i bought them and added them into my tropical fish tank. After doing a lot of search on google i found that they might be "Hexanematichthys seemanni" instead of the "aluminium catfish" i asked the staff in the pet shop and was told that they only orded  3 in because they need big tanks to live in and they thought know one would have big enough tanks to buy them.
Again i have had a search around on the fish "Hexanematichthys seemanni" and have been told that when they grow into  a adult they need to be in salt water.
The pet shop i bought them from only have tropical fish and gold fish its a pretty big named pet shop so im guessing they do know what there on about.

Could anyone help me ? I have a big enough tank but don't know about all this stuff psoted about them being in brackish water.

This is what i have found "Salt should be added in relation to the age of the fish. The older the fish, the more salt, right up to 100% marine. The fish is very tolerant of changes of salinity and will live in freshwater happily as a young fish."

Most reactions

Back